The Nomination committee is pleased to present to you, the membership, the eight AAVSO Council Nominees, in alphabetical order, for this fall’s election.
- Bill Goff b-goff (at) sbcglobal.net
- Roger Kolman rskolman (at) sbcglobal.net
- Chryssa Kouveliotou
- Kristine Larsen larsen (at) mail.ccsu.edu
- Thomas Smith tcsmith (at) darkridgeobservatory.org
- Robert Stine bobstine (at) verizon.net
- David Turner turner (at) ap.smu.ca
- Doug Welch welch (at) physics.mcmaster.ca
AAVSO members will be electing four of these candidates to serve a two year term each.
The AAVSO Council is very important to us all and plays a pivotal role in determining the direction and future of the AAVSO, therefore, as the opportunity permits, you should try to learn as much about each candidate as you can and if the opportunity presents itself try to get to know them and recognize their names. Please feel free to also contact any of the nominees with any questions you might have.
A bit later on, Staff will be creating some web pages with their biographies, which all, or portions of, will also be mailed with the ballots this fall.
Good luck to all the Nominees and Congratulations on having been selected.
Your 2013 Nominating Committee,
Tim Crawford, Chair