A new version of VStar (and its associated plug-ins) has been posted!
Because the .jnlp file was changed, you should delete it from your computer and go to this page to download a new version: http://www.aavso.org/vstar-overview 
Also, due to certain changes with the plugins, you should delete everything you may already have in your vstar_plugins folder and download them all again from the "Plug-in Library" page: http://www.aavso.org/vstar-plugin-library You can get the plug-ins individually, or all together in a zipped file which can also be found on this page.
Here is an excerpt from the David Benn's ChangeLog for this version:
- Implemented Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) observation source plug-in.
- Reduced the memory footprint of each observation by around 10%.
- Made it possible to add arbitrary detail strings for observation source plug-ins
and used this extend the detail captured by SuperWASP, Kepler, and CSS plug-ins.
- Added the ability to manage and recall previous filters from View menu.
- Added the ability to create user defined series from previous filters dialog.
- Updated plug-in development document re: model creator plug-ins, additional build
information, and plug-in implementation examples and details.
- Exposed DCDFT and WWZ via toolbar buttons; thanks again to Nico for the new icons!
As always, your feedback is much appreciated!