Skip to main content

Time series hangs..

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
pablotwa
pablotwa's picture
Time series hangs..

Hi, I was able to upload hundreds of tragets really fast today and I was easily able to do single photometry, but when I try to do a time series it hangs at 0% and stays there. I thought it was my subs somehow so I tried some of the Vphot subs from the class I'm taking right now to no avail. Is there maintenence going on?

Thanks!

Pablo

MZK
MZK's picture
Time Series worked for me?

Pablo:

I just ran a time series with no problem. 18:15 ET.

Ken

pablotwa
pablotwa's picture
Weird

Thanks Ken It stopped working for me using Chrome then I was able to process 150 observations using Internet Explorer and then now it hangs there as well,and I get the attached error. I'm thinking that I I upgraded to the new Java but did not reboot the computer to finish the job maybe? Vstar which is purely Java works fine...hmm will reboot and try again..

File upload: 
pablotwa
pablotwa's picture
Still won't work for me...oh well..

I updated my computer and no joy then I used an entirely different computer and I used the observations uploaded by Ken for the Vphot class (In case mine were flawed somehow) and no dice.

Maybe tomorrow?

pablotwa
pablotwa's picture
I’ll keep working on it

I rebooted my router thinking that it might be a problem inside my network because none of my 9 computers worked the time series and same problem reappered but then I tried it with an internet explorer browser and it works again, but still not with Chrome…on any of them.

I never had a problem with it in almost 8000 observations… so I’m at a loss

 

I’ll keep working on it

 

Thanks again

SGEO
SGEO's picture
VPhot cache problem

Pablo,

If you are still hitting this error, please try clearing your browser cache and refresh. If the that doesnot clear the problem, please contact me direct (SGEO@gasilvis.net) and I'll try to clear the server cache.

George
SGEO

 

pablotwa
pablotwa's picture
VPhot cache problem

Thanks George, it seems to be working just fine now...Out of the blue because I didn't do anything specific. However clearing the browser's cache sounds like a plausible reason why it worked on the seldom used Internet Explorer and not on my often used main browser Chrome.

It makes perfect sense and I will keep that fix in mind if it happens again. Thanks you!.

Log in to post comments
AAVSO 49 Bay State Rd. Cambridge, MA 02138 aavso@aavso.org 617-354-0484