For Annual Meeting or Workshop Registration, please note:
- If you already have an AAVSO website account: please ensure that your email address in your profile is up to date before you register. If you do not have an AAVSO account, please create your free profile to register for these events.
Once you register for the Meeting/Workshop, you will receive an email (to the email address that is in your AAVSO account profile) that day with instructions for completing your registration(s). Further communication regarding the Meeting and Workshop will also be sent to that email address.
- To get the member prices, please log in prior to adding the items to your cart.
- If you are bringing a guest to the Annual Meeting or Spectroscopy Workshop who plans to attend any presentations, discussions, meals, and/or coffee breaks, they are required register and pay separately.
- If you are only bringing a guest to either the banquet of the Annual Meeting or to the Spec Party, please click the red "+" button underneath the “Add-on" section on the respective registration page(s) to add their banquet or party registration charge(s) to your cart. Guests will be issued a special guest badge that will admit them to the banquet or party only.
- Guests who are not fully registered for the Meeting or Spectroscopy Workshop may not enter the Meeting room or participate in coffee breaks or other meals, as all the counts for seats and meal/break food are given to the hotel based on the number of paid Meeting participants.
-You and your guest are not added to the registration list until you complete and return to the AAVSO a Release of Liability form that will be emailed to you once your registration is received and you email/U.S. mail to the AAVSO a scan or copy of your Proof of Full Vaccination.
Step-by-step registration instructions:
1) Enter the email address that is in your AAVSO profile now, as that is where all Meeting communication and registration confirmation will be sent.
2) In the Select Event drop-down box, first select “Sunday Banquet” and then in the next drop-down box select the option to attend or not attend, so you will be charged correctly.
3) When you have filled in all the fields, click “Add to cart.” The screen will refresh to a blank registration page, however at the top of the page you will see a shopping cart. Click on the word “items” just below the cart icon to ensure that your item is in your cart.
4) When you are ready to check out, first click the “items” link below the shopping cart icon, then the “Cart” button.
5) Click “Continue to review” (beneath “Order information”).
6) Click the button for your payment preference (if you are not a PayPal member, please click the “Debit or credit card” option).
Check your email (including your spam folder) within a couple days after registering for an AAVSO email with instructions for finalizing your registration.
Questions about registration may be emailed to email@example.com. This email is checked several times per day. Please do not telephone as the staff are not working in the office.
Thank you! We look forward to seeing you in November!