AAVSO CCD School
The AAVSO will be holding a week-long "CCD School" from July 30 through August 3, 2012. The school will take place at Tufts University, located a couple of miles from AAVSO HQ. The school is designed for those who have some experience with a CCD system, and who want to learn how to take professional-quality data. The classes will cover calibration of the equipment, observing guidelines, photometric and image processing techniques, transformation of data, statistics and basic data-mining concepts. Projects will be assigned using AAVSOnet data. The principle instructor will be Arne Henden; we may have guest instructors for specific topics.
Class size will be limited, so registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis (we do expect the School to be held in additional years if successful).
More information about what will be included during your stay at Tufts:
- Meals: Dinner on Sunday 7/29th through Breakfast on Saturday 8/4
- Free on-campus parking
- Wifi is available in dorms and throughout campus buildings at no cost.
- Accommodations: Dormitory rooms are furnished with twin beds, bureaus, desks, chairs, a closet and air-conditioning. Each room is also supplied with linens, pillows, blankets, towels, soap and a guest guide for answers to any questions about Tufts facilities and services. Lockable shared bathrooms are located along the hallway.
- Residential Amenities: Each residential hall is equipped with laundry facilities, vending machines and various recreational options (pool tables, ping pong tables, video games, etc.). All of residential halls are staffed 24 hours a day by a member of the conference staff to insure your convenience and security. The hospitality/security desk offers message and fax services, sells various snacks and other lodging essentials, and can make suggestions on area restaurants and attractions.
- Library: Conference participants are invited to make full use of the Tufts Tisch Library. Whether you are seeking a quiet room to study, read or you are interested in borrowing the latest best sellers, Tisch library is available for your use.
- Access to Tufts athletic facilities is included for all conference participants.
Note for participants choosing to sign up for the "no sleeping room" option: All other items listed above are included (meals, parking, etc.).
- All classes, all meals, and a single air-conditioned room: $1190
- All classes, all meals, and a space in a double air-conditioned room: $1050 (If you do not have a roommate in mind, we will try to match you with another participant. If we are unable to find a roommate for you, then you must upgrade to a single room or cancel your participation at least 30 days prior to the start date of the CCD school.)
- All classes, all meals with no sleeping room: $830
Last Updated: November 12, 2015 - 12:07pm