A new version of VStar is now available. To get it, simply download it from this page: http://www.aavso.org/vstar-overview. If you already have the vstar.jnlp file saved on your computer, you will get the new version of VStar automatically the next time you use it.
Since changes were also made to many of the plugins, you should delete any you might have from your vstar_plugins folder and download again the ones you want from here: http://www.aavso.org/vstar-plugin-library. Alternatively, you can download a file called vstar_plugins.zip from the same page which contains all of them.
Here is a summary of the major changes and bug fixes in this version:
- First working cut of additive dataset loading with HJD conversion. Currently, file-based datasets can be added to an already loaded dataset.
- Fixed Catalina Sky Survey plugin to use comma, not space as the field delimiter.
- Fixed bug in AAVSO upload plugin in which the column headers comment line was treated as an invalid observation rather than being ignored.
- Fixed a bug in which a user-defined series would not always appear on the plot by default when created; other small user-defined series improvements.
- Fixed series visibility checkboxes so as to not be disabled when selected and the series observation count goes to zero (e.g. discrepant), permitting the checkbox to be subsequently deselected, making the series invisible.
Thank you, David!