Virtual 109th Annual Meeting
Presentations and Posters
Presentation time slots are 10 minutes plus 5 minutes for Q & A.
- For those whose abstracts are accepted and given a time slot in the Annual Meeting, you must provide Kris (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Lindsay (Lward@aavso.org):
- an audio recording of your final presentation in .m4a format no later than October 23rd, 2020 at 9 a.m. UT as a back-up for any unforeseen technology issues.
- a copy of your final powerpoint presentation in .PDF format no later than October 23rd, 2020 at 9 a.m. UT.
- Accepted presenters should be available for a Zoom session with an AAVSO staff member in the weeks leading up to the Annual Meeting to ensure your technology is properly set up for presenting.
- Zoom Instructions for Oral Presenters
Poster Submission Instructions
- Your poster itself (a .pdf) must be emailed to Lward@aavso.org by October 15, 2020, and at a minimum consist of your poster .pdf, your name, and any contact info you wish to provide to the public.
- Poster must be submitted as a single .pdf
- We encourage poster presenters to also provide one audio OR video recording for their poster session. Videos may only be of you speaking and your poster.
- Audio-only files must be in .m4a format, a maximum of 10 minutes, and no larger than 40 MB, unless linking to an online publicly-available recording on a third-party site
- Video with audio must be in .mp4 format, a maximum of 10 minutes, and no larger than 40 MB, unless linking to an online publicly-available recording on a third-party site
- If your email prevents you from sending a file of this size, please email Lindsay (Lward@aavso.org) to let her know, and you will be sent information for uploading it to a Dropbox folder.
- Helpful tool: How to present a poster
- Helpful tool: Some example posters by the AAVSO staff
Thank you all for your work and submitting your materials!