Video From the 91st AAVSO Spring Meeting - 2002
Below are MPG movies of some of the papers and presentations made at the 91st AAVSO Spring Meeting.
Membership/Director's Report: Presented by Janet Mattei and Committee Chairpersons
Download this presentation in parts:
- Part One - (158 MB) About 30 min. of tape
- Part Two - (144 MB) About 30 min. of tape
- Part Three - (113 MB) About 30 min. of tape
Many of these papers will be published in the JAAVSO.
- Douglas T. Durig - "Observations of Supernovae and Gamma Ray Bursts as Co-operative Observing Exercises for Advanced Astronomy Classes"
- Kirk S. Holtgrewe and D.T. Durig - "Obserations of the Cataclysmic Variable 1 RXP J113123+4322.5"
- Margarita Karovska - "Latest Surprises from Mira the Wonderful"
- Kevin B. Marvel - "Chemistry Near Evolved Stars via mm Interferometry"
- Albert Zijlstra - "Evolution and Instability in Mira Variables"
- Bob Nelson - "Star Modeling with a Laptop"
- Charles J. Rodkey - "NASA's Swift Satellite - Gamma Ray Bursts on the Fly"
- Karen Jean Meech - "Science Outreach for the Deep Impact Mission"
- Arne A. Henden - "JHK Standards for Small Telescopes"
- Mario E. Motta, MD - "Calculating the Total Photon Flux from Luminous Events"
- Gary Billings, Dirk Terrell - "Obsevations and Modeling of the Eclipsing Binary GSC 3515:0865"
- Dan Kaiser - "2002 OW Gem Secondary Eclipse: Call for Observations"
- Orville H. Brettman - "Standstill Behavior in the Light Curve of UZ Serpentis"
- John Pazmino - "Street Stars"
- Carl Feehrer - "Day-to-Day Variation in Estimates of Sunspot Group Totals" (video not available)
- Martha L. Hazen, Janet A. Mattei - "Period Changes in the Long Period Variable TY Cas"
- Seiichi Sakuma - "Japan's First Variable Star Observer, Dr. Ichinohe"
- Sallie Teames - "Signs of Eta Carinae Outburst in Artifacts of Ancient Bolivia"
- Rodney Howe - "Detecting Cosmic Rays Coming into our Atmosphere with the Help of Clustering Statistics"