Note: The Chandra observations took place, and Dr. Karovaska requests continued monitoring of V694 Mon (MWC 560) until further notice. - Elizabeth O. Waagen, 17 April 2020
Observations of V694 Mon are scheduled for 11 March 2020 with HST, and for 22 March 2020 with XMM. Please continue to observe as indicated below but with the high-intensity coverage taking place March 9 through March 14 and March 19 through March 25. - Elizabeth O. Waagen, 6 March 2020
February 3, 2020
AAVSO Forum threads (scroll to the bottom of a thread for latest posts):
- Campaigns and Observing Reports: https://www.aavso.org/v694-mon-campaign-2019
- Spectroscopy: https://www.aavso.org/v694-mon-campaign-2019-01
Further to AAVSO Alert Notice 692, Dr. Margarita Karovska (Center for Astrophysics|Harvard & Smithsonian) informs us that the symbiotic system V694 Mon (MWC 560) is currently scheduled to be observed with the Hubble Space Telescope on 2020 February 13 10-16 UT.
Dr. Karovska requests the following:
- nightly observations (UBVJHK (mid IR if possible) photometry and spectroscopy) beginning now.
- from February 11 through February 16, intense photometric monitoring in UBVJHK (mid IR if possible), including high speed photmetry if at all possible, and several spectra per night.
- beginning February 17 and continuing through the end of the observing season, photometry and spectroscopy at the cadence of two observations per week.
Recent observations of V694 Mon in the AAVSO International Database show the system at visual magnitude 8.8 on 2020 Feb. 3.08800 UT (M. Rana, Hampton, VA) and at 8.753 V +/-0.007 on 2020 Feb. 3.12145 UT (G. Stone, Auberry, CA). Its range is 8.64-12.2 V.
Spectroscopy observations should focus on the [OIII] 5007A line and the Halpha line regions. Spectroscopy reports (including plot, if possible) should be sent to Dr. Karovska (firstname.lastname@example.org) and submitted to the AAVSO Spectroscopy Database (https://www.aavso.org/apps/avspec/).
Coordinates: R.A. 07 25 51.28 Dec. -07 44 08.2 (2000.0)
AAVSO finder charts for V694 Mon with comparison stars may be generated using the AAVSO Variable Star Plotter (VSP).
Please submit your optical observations to the AAVSO International Database using the name V694 MON.
This AAVSO Alert Notice was compiled by Elizabeth O. Waagen.
SUBMIT OBSERVATIONS TO THE AAVSO
Information on submitting observations to the AAVSO may be found at:
ALERT NOTICE ARCHIVE AND SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION
An Alert Notice archive is available at the following URL:
Subscribing and Unsubscribing may be done at the following URL:
Please support the AAVSO and its mission -- Join or donate today: