Don't miss the 110th Annual Meeting! Meet our stellar line up of keynote speakers at
The Row Hotel November 6 & 7, and share your research with the entire AAVSO community!
|Sara Seager, O.C.||Andrea Dupree||David Latham||Joe Patterson|
|Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CFA)||Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CFA)||
Photo credit: Jörg Meyer, Columbia College Today
Speaker bios and abstracts are here.
The Annual Meeting will be held in person from November 5
Meeting and Workshop registrations are open! Registration links are to the right.
Are you looking to give a presentation or present a poster? We are accepting abstracts!
Dates to remember (in Eastern Time):
- Aug. 15: Teacher applications for Spectroscopy Workshop due
- Sept. 30 (this is the new date): Abstracts for presentations and posters due
- Oct. 1: Early bird registration rate ends
- Oct. 5: Row Hotel Group Rate ends*
- Oct. 18: Last day to register for in-person Meeting attendance
- Oct. 31: Last day to register for online Meeting attendance
* AAVSO's Row Hotel Group Rate is available until October 5, 2021, but the number of rooms is limited, so we advise you to book soon: book your group rate hotel room for the AAVSO Annual Meeting.
110th Annual Meeting activities and dates (stay tuned for more details):
AAVSO Spectroscopy Workshop (ASW2021): November 3–4
Special speaker and cocktail hour: November 5
Annual Meeting: November 6–7
Membership Meeting: November 7, time TBA
Banquet: November 7
- Oral presentations
- Poster presentations
To protect our members, sponsoring vendors, and staff at the in-person Meeting, proof of full vaccination will be required to complete your registration.
Please note that other safety protocols may be in place, and change, based on updates from the CDC and the state of Massachusetts at the time of the Meeting.
Concerns about planning ahead for the fall?
We understand that planning for future events with COVID ever present can be challenging, so we are prepared to take the entire Meeting online if state and federal restrictions prevent travel and in-person gatherings in November. All registration fees can be converted to online pricing and refunds made as needed. The hotel allows guests to cancel their reservations up to 48 hours in advance of their arrival date.
Please note: All attendees at the meeting are expected to follow our Non-Discrimination and Non-Harassment Policy, Event Conduct Policy, and COVID safety protocols. Participation in the meeting is taken to signify your acknowledgment that you have read these guidelines/policies and your agreement to adhere to them.